Click for more info ►
Click for jobs ►
Location: North West - Liverpool with some travel
Job Ref: SW1201
Closing Date: Closed
Role Interim Procurement & Supply Chain Specialist
Location Liverpool with some travel
Rate To be discussed on application
To create and implement a purchasing strategy to ensure optimal supplier performance and price leading to a targeted savings
Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
• Lead negotiations with suppliers to negate price increases
• Develop strategies to offset external negative impacts (eg: Brexit)
• Develop strategy to direct source from suppliers outside of the UK
• Create, lead and implement a purchasing (procurement, supply chain and distribution) strategy to ensure optimal supplier
performance and price leading to a targeted savings
• Implement supply chain reviews and change to leverage incremental value from a supply chain.
• Evaluate current supplier rebate agreements; drive change to ensure incremental values are achieved.
• Establish core KPI's and monitor performance to these metrics
• Lead the search for efficiencies and service optimisation within the supply chain and internal distribution processes
• Identify and research potential new suppliers.
• Increase procurement awareness throughout the organisation
• Provide advice and guidance relating to procurement regulations to the wider organisation.
• Embed a new supplier relationship management approach to build on brand reputation and position us as a ‘customer of choice’ with our strategic suppliers
• Work alongside suppliers and operational areas of the business to explore and investigate opportunities where costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified.
• Negotiate and influence suppliers to improve services whilst maintaining quality
• Undertaking any other work as directed by your Line Manager.
Experience and Skills required
• CIPS qualification is essential.
• Ability to identify cost down opportunities
• Strong influencing skills
• Proven negotiator who can think strategically and creatively
• Experience of delivering significant cost savings.
• Proven Procurement & Sourcing experience.
• An analytical mind that can identify and implement cost saving procedures within the procurement process
• Experience of working within a high-volume environment.
• Flexibility to travel to meet suppliers as required.
• Full Clean Driving License
This role would also suit you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Senior Buyer, Purchasing Controller, Commodity Manager, Sourcing Manager, Category Manager, Supplier Manager.
If you believe this is an assignment for you and are available please send a full CV quoting reference SW1201 to email@example.com