Click for more info ►
Click for jobs ►
Location: South East - London and Europe
Job Ref: DC2506
Closing Date: Closed
Job Ref DC2506
Working for a global Business outsourced services provider, this is a key role reporting to the Executive Committee.
We need a world-class UK or European based Procurement Director who will lead all procurement activity. This is a critical role accountable for managing relationships with our procurement partners to ensure we work collaboratively to improve our commercial performance and deliver against our strategic objectives.
• Formulate and deliver the plan of how we procure key categories in the most commercial
way (quality, cost and time). Deliver significant Capex savings.
• Identify and manage relationships with suppliers, evaluate performance on a regular basis
to ensure that we are getting value for money and supplier performance is in line with our
expectations. Manage a supplier base of c100 partners and £1 billion spend
• Leverage our scale to negotiate global deals that improve efficiency and give value for
money. Global deals must always be better than could be negotiated locally.
• Build a world class procurement team with direct reports who are able to move into bigger
and broader roles within the next 18-24 months. Robustly manage team to ensure we are
continually improving our performance.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues at Group, Regional and Country level to ensure
Procurement is supporting them to deliver against their business plans.
• Be the subject matter expert on all aspects of Procurement and support country initiatives
• Evaluate business against our competitors to ensure we are leveraging our scale to
achieve industry leading performance.
• Apply engineering principles to the procurement process to critically evaluate and
continuously improve it.
• Set global standards for the consistent supply of goods across all key categories.